Amazon

Contribute!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Visit from My Dine' Guide re Pollution

I was speaking to my Dine' guide, who was showing me pristine forests and wilderness areas. He said, "As it was before, so will it be again." But instead of feeling excited about the possibility of reverting back to a time of the forest primeval, I was alarmed. He was telling me that all the "progress" we humans had made in the industrial age with pollution control was going to be wiped out by massive toxicity. Sorry y'all - I know this is horrifying, but it just makes me more determined than ever to strengthen our regulations and hold those toxic companies responsible for their poisonings. We MUST insist on more rigorous controls; the technology is available - it's just enforcement that's at issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment